Saturday, January 31, 2009

Taking a Short Nesting Break

Well, I decided that with all of the cleaning, a.k.a. nesting, I have been doing today, that I deserved a short break. I have washed clothes, dried clothes, folded clothes, put away clothes, cleaned furniture, cleaned the couch and love seat cushion covers, washed dishes, and cleaned the microwave. Rich has cleaned the bathrooms from top to bottom, has cleaned little Colton's car seat in anticipation of his arrival, has cleaned and vacuumed the van, and attacking the garage is next on his agenda. We are attempting to do as much as we can today, just in case. Of course, I don't think everything I would love to get done will get done, but the most important things on our list will; I wish we could also clean the baseboards, organize our closet, power wash the house, scrub down the insides of the bathroom cabinets, clean the oven, and wipe down the inside of the refrigerator. I know I am a woman possessed with the need to clean and organize! The need to have every other area and nook and cranny in my house anally organized is my driving force right now; I don't know how chaotic my life is getting ready to become. My theory is that if everything is already in order, it will be easier to maintain rather than having the let's just wait and see attitude; we'll have to see how this theory holds up in practice. Either way, we are all thrilled for sweet Colton to make his grand arrival; I can't wait to hold him in my arms and gaze down at his innocent, adorable face!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Ben kept hoping I would get the nesting bug with Audra- it never came, much to his dismay. We will see if I get it this time around! Go you- and Rich! I am very impressed!

The Cutie Patooties