early last year, Rich has been having Daddy Sunday the first Sunday of every month.
Today this little cuteness got to go first.
When Rich was later reviewing the interviews with me, he explained that he had asked Braden what he liked about Mommy and what he didn't like about Mommy. My immediate thought was, 'Oh, great what did he say?! Do I really want to know the answer? Did he say he doesn't like me because I make him eat food he doesn't like? Did he say he doesn't like me when I lose my patience? Is Rich getting pleasure out of sharing this?' Finally, after running through my mind the list of grievances I would have with myself, I said, "Okay, tell me, what did he say?" Rich said (or at least the gist of it, not verbatim of course), "Braden looked at me like I was crazy, and said, There isn't anything I don't like about Mama; I like EVERYTHING about Mama!" In that moment, I was thinking (though not very Christlike), 'In YOUR FACE, asking my son what he doesn't like about his mama; he likes everything about me, that will teach you to ask my boy such a question!' Of course, my next thought was, 'he likes everything, I can think of some times I am not very likeable; that little boy of mine must really love me!'
Of course when that same question was posed to this little sassy princess,
she quickly replied, "I don't like it when you and Mommy put me in time out." Daddy Sundays are always very entertaining and enlightening; today I learned that my son has a forgiving heart and an unconditional love for me, and I learned that Brooke will rat you out in a second!












3 comments:
Ben is really excited to do Sunday interviews when Aud is a little older- isn't it the BEST to be married to someone who doesn't just say they want to be a good dad, but actually IS a good dad? I feel very blessed to be married to a man who will change dirty diapers, calm a tantruming child, go to the park to give mom a break, and all the rest! What a great dad Rich is!!!
Ah, Braden is such a sweetheart.
I hope Gary never asks my kids that question! Boy howdy! :)
Post a Comment