Thursday, January 29, 2009

Calgon TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever had one of THOSE days?!? You know one of those days that you can feel insanity slowly slipping in and your sanity quickly exiting, one of those days you feel at your wit's end, one of those days that if you do have a good nerve left someone is sure to stomp all over it, and one of those days you begin to understand why some wild animals eat their young. Well for me, today was one of THOSE days! In fact, as I type this, Emma is whining; don't even get me started on all of the NOISE I have had to endure today, and the day is not even over! Okay, I guess I don't need much motivation to get started. Between Emma's whining, Brooke's seven tantrums (that is NOT an exaggeration, I counted every single ear shrieking one), and Braden's
whining, the idea of running and screaming from my house like a wild banshee is sounding really good to me right now! When you add to that Braden trying to spit on his little sister's head (luckily I caught him in the attempt), the tattling, Brooke acting like her life is going to come to a bitter end if she is required to do anything that remotely looks like, smells like, or feels like work, and having to deal with children turning up their noses at what I cooked, I am ready to throw in the towel for the day! Where is my time card; I am ready to clock out! Oh yeah, I can't clock out; a mother's job is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and no paid vacation! I think, no I know, that motherhood is the hardest job I have ever or will ever have, but luckily it does have its rewards; those rewards are what keep me going, and make me return to the house after my wild banshee run around the block!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Yes, I have those days. There must be opposition in all things. If they were never rotten, we would never appreciate their goodness.

small town Hood said...

I had one of those days yesterday too. I think I am still getting past the headache!

Anonymous said...

Mama said there'd be days like this! Have you ever heard that song? Or have you ever heard your own mama say those words? Speaking of children turn up their noses at the food you lovingly prepare, I used to have a little girl who'd say (frequently), "Chicken again????" Haha.

On a serious note, you're an excellent mother, Sweetie, and these moments you're having and the feelings about them are normal.

Carrie Maseda said...

Melinda and Heather, it is nice and reassuring that I am not the only mother that has "those days!"

Carrie Maseda said...

Sorry Mama for all my chicken comments, and thanks for your reassuring words. :)

The Cutie Patooties