Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Is it just me?

Is it just me, or does it seem wrong that on a night that is supposed to be your night (a night promised to you), you know a night to relax, read, blog, or whatever, you end up cooking supper, cleaning up after supper, and then end up listening to a 5 year old crying in his room when you are trying to relax? (a 5 year old who needs to be in his room by the way, he slapped Brooke) Oh, did I also mention that this so called night also didn't start to a few minutes ago? I think it would be more appropriate to say my couple of hours rather than my night. I mean, how many pregnant women can really stay up past 10? Okay, I can make it to 11, but that is about it. Either way, I was dreaming about a night that would start about 7, one that didn't include cleaning up after a meal I had slaved over, one that didn't start until 8, and one that didn't include listening to a 5 year old cry as if his life was coming to an end! Did I mention that Rich is upstairs right now with the girls, safely out of earshot of the crier, and probably on our computer upstairs. Is it just me, or does that seem wrong? I thought it was supposed to be my night! Okay, I have vented; I feel better, well, a little better.



*Okay here is an afterthought, (time 10:45 p.m.), how are you supposed to stay mad a.k.a. perturbed at someone who looks so cute sleeping?! Darn that Rich. :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Isn't it amazing how a woman's perception of "relax" and a man's perception of "relax" are two completely different things? Sounds very much like Ben!

I am LoW said...

How blessed you are to have a night off at all. :-)

Why didn't I insist upon that when mine were little?

Ah well, I have it during the day now. And I miss having the little ones.

The Cutie Patooties