Sunday, January 11, 2009

5 weeks to go BABY!!!!


Well, here I am in all my pregnant glory; you know, the glory that includes feet that resemble and rival the Michelin man's, cankles, constant trips to the restroom, maternity clothes that won't even fit right anymore, and a general uncomfortableness, and how could I forget how beautiful you feel (note the sarcasm). Many probably wonder why women put themselves through this, especially time and time again. It is true, not all of pregnancy is fun, but it is worth the sacrifice! With every pregnancy also comes the excitement of bringing another sweet spirit into the world, and this time is proving to be no different. I look at Colton's little crib and dream about what he will look like, what he will be like, and how wonderful it is going to be able to hold him in a few weeks. I'm not going to lie, motherhood is tough, and there are days I feel overwhelmed; when it is all said and done though, I don't regret the sacrifices I have to make everyday to be the best mother I can be. Since I was a young child I dreamed about being a mother, and though motherhood is the hardest job I have ever had, it is also the most rewarding! I can't imagine a better way I could spend my life!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Well said. You look great! I remember crying when I was pregnant with Bradley and my maternity capri's no longer fit my fat thighs.

Mike and Erin said...

What a great attitude! You look great. I was completely thrown off by your ticker, which says 5 DAYS to go, not 5 weeks!

Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, I think my ticker has some issues. It says I am 35 weeks, which I am, but it says I only have 5 more days. A pregnancy is typically 40 weeks, so I'm not sure how they calculated it. Even though I am ready to have this baby; I am not that ready. I want Colton to bake for at least 3 more weeks. :)

Carrie Maseda said...

Melinda,
Thanks I will take any compliments I can get these days; I have had to resort to wearing the same two pairs of jeans. I also wear a long skirt every Sunday if I can help it to cover up, though not completely successful, my swollen feet, ankles, and legs; it's not pretty. I dream about the day my body will be somewhat normal again! :)

Jayne said...

You're beautiful, Babe!!!!

The Cutie Patooties