Well, it seems that Colton may turn out to be the biggest baby I have had so far. I went into the doctor today for my last ultrasound, and I as you may know I am 36 weeks today. Of course, all of Colton's measurements were 39 and 40 weeks, putting him at the 86 percentile. I knew something was up when she started asking me how big my other babies had been; after answering her question, she showed me his measurements. They estimate (I am trying to remember that it is an estimate) that right now he weighs about 7lbs. 6oz.; if he does gain a pound a week, which is typical, I might be in trouble. I guess Colton is a Crolley baby all the way! Rich wants to call Colton Colt, hoping he will get a little football player. I told him that if he wanted a football player, Colton would need to take after my family; as you can tell from Rich's build, he is made for basketball, tennis, baseball, and golf. In my family, we know how to make football players, and we make them right!
Case in point, here is one of the 1964 Camden Bulldogs, also known as one of the State Champions that year, but I simply call him Daddy.
(I guess I should also mention that this Camden Bulldog weighed in at a whopping 10lbs. when he was born)
and here are all of the 1964 Camden Bulldogs.
Well, if Colton does prove to be my little bruiser, I am sure he will be a cute little bruiser; in the meantime, pray for my sake, that he comes early!












8 comments:
They were off by more than one pound with Zoe, and almost talked me into a c-section because "she's already 8 1/2 pounds and if she grows a pound a week..." and I said, "If you do the c-section and you are wrong I'll be mad at you!" and Dr Robinson said, "Okay, you are right" and I was.... several weeks later she weighed in at UNDER 8 pounds!
Just so you know.
Not that they aren't right with you or that 8 years later they are better at measuring...
Bruisers are THE BEST! But it's best AFTER you've given birth to them! haha!
Now to complete the Crolley baby look, Colton needs some curly brown hair and blue eyes. I can't wait to meet him!
And I would love to have a copy of the picture of daddy. I don't have that one. Love ya sis!
Why do you have an ultrasound at 36 weeks? My Dr. only scans me at my first appointment and at 20 weeks. He "measures" me toward the end of pregnancy by feeling the head of the baby in my uterus and guessing.
If you have a 10 lb baby I may cry for you- that sounds very painful! But, you will do great! Do you have the nursery all set up?
Melinda,
I usually have several ultrasounds, because I am high risk due to my past history. I have to admit I feel very spoiled getting to see my babies that much.
Lib,
I will e-mail you the pick of Daddy, and yeah, I would love a brown haired blue eyed baby too. I'm trying to get at least one brunette in the bunch. :)
Lorinda,
It would be nice if they are off; I am just worried, because they have been pretty on target in the past. I guess we'll have to brace ourselves and see. I am packing my hospital bag tomorrow, since you never know.
Christina,
Yeah, the nursery is ready; he will be sharing a room with Braden, but the crib is all set. I also have all of his clothes folded in his drawers, because Braden insisted; he is thrilled to be having a little brother! :)
Post a Comment