Sunday, February 1, 2009

ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY!!!!!!!!!!

At this moment, Braden is sitting on the couch crying and whining, because I guess he feels like his world is coming to an end! Why you ask? What could possibly cause a 5 year old to cry in utter despair? His mother, that would be me, is heaven forbid, cooking tacos for lunch. I know, what a bad mother I am! (please note the intended sarcasm) I have at this moment ABSOLUTELY NO sympathy, even though I know he thinks this is the most dire of situations. True tacos aren't my first choice of cuisine, but I am working with what I have; we need to go to the store. I do not however loathe tacos or even dislike tacos, but my first choice of cuisine is always Italian! I say, "Just be grateful you have food to eat!" There are too many people out in the world that are grateful for whatever they have, too many people wondering where their next meal is coming from, and too many children whose only hopes of a good meal is when they are at school. I can't tell you how many times and nights I have thought, 'If only a fly on the wall could hear this conversation.' The conversation always begins with Braden crying or whining about something I have cooked, and I pose the question, "Did I put poop on your plate?" "No, Braden pitifully answers." "Did I put throw up on your plate?" "No." "Okay, has Mama ever fed you anything nasty before?" "No." "Okay then, I expect you to try it. I guess I should have known it would be a battle to get him to eat anything remotely different, when upon feeding him solid food for the first time, I got this reaction.




And so the battle began, and so the battle continues! I no longer fight with him about food though; he knows he must try a little bit of everything on his plate, and if after that he chooses not to eat, that is fine. Of course, he will be hungry, and not offered anything else until our next meal. I guess it is working, because he just now apologized for his flair for the dramatic and informed me that he would be eating tacos with the rest of us. Maybe there is light at the end of the Meal Time Tunnel of Death after all!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

These pictures are hilarious, especially the first one. I had forgotten about how picky he was as a bambino. Keep up the excellent work, Little Mama.

I am LoW said...

Those pictures are priceless!! hahaha!!!

The Cutie Patooties