
To me, she looks like the little girl who scared me to death! Tonight while Rich, the cuties, and I were dining on our Pizza Hut pizza (Braden got a free personal pan for the Book It reading program), Brooke stood up on her chair and called to her daddy (who at the time was in the kitchen making cookies); within a matter of mere seconds she fell off her chair taking the chair with her, which landed on her eye. I of course did what every good mother does, I screamed for her daddy; I saw blood, heard screaming, and knew we needed a level head in this situation, which was not going to be me. Rich ran over to her, scooped her up, and rushed her to the bathroom to inspect the damage. Finally calm, I went to the bathroom to see what the assessment of the damage was, and then I heard words like hospital, stitches, and scar. As Rich continued to work on getting the blood to stop, I decided to whip out my cell phone and take a picture of her eye, quickly texting it to my sister to pass it on to Carla (the all knowing FANTASTIC med student) to find out if stitches would indeed be necessary. Not hearing back soon enough, Rich made the call to go to the store and buy butterfly bandages; he of course left me to hold the wound together. I was not having the easiest time with the task and was beginning to wonder how long I would be able to lie there with my quite rotund belly, when Super Sophia decided to stop by the house to drop off some cookies and come to my rescue.
Here she comes to save the day,
Super Sophia, Super Sophia!
Sophia swooped in and quickly took control of the situation; she soothingly reassured Brooke that everything was going to be okay, sent Braden and I to get ice, and continued to see to the damage. She also suggested buying liquid bandage, so I quickly called Rich at the store; he though was two steps ahead of us and already had said liquid bandage in hand (he's good like that). Rich shortly thereafter arrived home and applied both the liquid bandage and a butterfly bandage, and I then helped Brooke get dressed in a new shirt and got her one of Sophia's cookies (which she said made her feel much better). Braden also presented her with a paper necklace he made earlier in the day; the necklace initially was to be presented to a little girl in his class, but once he saw Brooke in pain, he would hear of no one else but her wearing it! It was quite sweet watching him place the necklace around her neck and tape it together. Once the storm was calmed, I then received some reassuring texts from Carla (you know the FANTASTIC all knowing med student), letting me know that all would be well. It's amazing how so many people are there for you in a crisis, and how they seem to show up at just the right time!
And how is our little "champion fighter", our little "bruiser" (another title Brooke presented herself with tonight)? She is doing great! She may look a little worse for the wear, but she came out smiling and talking.
Here she is chatting it up with her imaginary friend Sally; Sally got quite the play by play of the evening and its events over Brooke's pretend cell phone.
I guess she is a fighter; she gets knocked down and comes back for more!












1 comments:
Wow that Super Sophia gets around:)...just glad I followed the promptings of the spirit to go to you. I didn't know who was going to get the cookies, but felt the urge to get to you right then. I was even going to give up after knocking and not getting an answer, after all they were just cookies...but I had to call and see...glad it worked out!
Post a Comment