
Well, the big day finally arrived, Colton Edward made his grand appearance this past Friday at 6:03 p.m., weighing in at a grand total of 9lbs. and 9oz.!
Here are some pictures of our newest cutie patootie:



The little bruiser and I were released Saturday night to come home, thanks to a nurse I had in my corner; she helped plead my case to the doctor, and since Colton and I were both doing great, he agreed. It feels good to be home, and it feels good to be with my other cuties again; they by the way, LOVE their new brother! In fact, we worry that Emma may love him a little too much; we are making it a point to keep an eye on our little resident hugger and baby kisser. 




I also am glad to be home because of all of the love and support I have received so far. My mama and sister Elizabeth came yesterday to see the new bundle of chub and cuteness; they came not only bearing gifts but also a lot of love and support.

They bought us supper last night, Mama made pumpkin muffins for this morning, and she and Elizabeth made a big lunch for us this afternoon. Mama also brought us some Valentine's Day decorations, a new red rug for the kitchen, a slipcover for my Boppy, some St. Patrick's day decorations and soap, and some stationery and lipstick just for me; she also brought an adorable outfit and some delicious banana bread from my Aunt Ann and a catch your eye, red, diaper bag from my Aunt Lisa. To add to this love, Elizabeth brought a little treat for each child, two cute outfits for Colton, and a belated birthday present for Brooke. My own dear family also showered me with love and presents, Braden picked out pink roses and a Valentine's Day balloon for me, Rich got me a card, some jelly beans, and a stuffed bear, Brooke picked out a balloon, and both of the oldest cuties made a card for me. Just wait, it gets better; tonight Lorinda and Bev showed up at my house bearing food, delicious food I might add. It sure feels good to feel loved and to be at home, and to not be pregnant anymore but to be holding the miracle in my arms; life is good!
And did I forget to mention, the new nursing cover I ordered was waiting for me in the mailbox when we got home Saturday night; yeah,
life is good!












8 comments:
These pictures really show his 9 poundedness. :-D
Love the pictures! Especially the ones of the kids holding baby Colton. He is sooooo adorable!
I am so happy that you all are home and doing good!!! And can I just say that I am LOVING the new diaper bag?! I love Colton's little chubs, he is so precious!
I love the pictures!! and can't wait to see and hold him! We'll be home late tonight. I'll call you tomorrow! Congratulations to your family again!!!
Congratulations! He's beautiful. I can't believe you wanted to go home after 24 hours. I love being in the hospital. Get some rest and enjoy that baby!
Congrats! The new baby is darling!
Michelle Warner Olsen
he is so cute. I hope everyone is adjusting well. if you need anything I am there.
All of these are wonderful. I especially like the one of the two brothers, the first one of Emma holding him while sitting in the red chair (she looks so innocent), the one with you and all the children in the hospital bed, the ones with Rich and all the children in the hospital room...hmm, I guess I like them all.
Post a Comment