Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Lesson in Genetics

Today as the girls and I were driving down the road, I, like most days, heard my name; Brooke like usual had a question she needed answered. The simple exchange went pretty much like this. "Mama." "Yes Brooke, what is it?" "When Colton comes out will he be black or white?" "Colton will be white." "How do you know he will be white?" "Because I am white and your daddy, his daddy, is white also, so Colton will be white." "Oh."
There you have it folks, a simple lesson in genetics even a four year old could understand.

6 comments:

I am LoW said...

haha!! I LOVE it!!

Kelly P said...

That is too cute. When my little sister was about to be born, a black man in our ward told my older brother that my little sister was going to be black. He was only joking, of course, but my brother (who was 4) believed him. When we went to see my new sister at the hospital, my brother belted out, "But mom, she's not black!"

Hope all is well and you have that baby soon.

Kelly (Parks)

Jayne said...

Okay, Little Mama. Next question: Is Colton going to be a Crolley/Padgett baby with dark hair??? Can't wait to see the little angel. Did you listen to my message this morning?

Carrie Maseda said...

Yes Mama, I did listen to your message this morning,and it was perfect; it was exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks!

Carrie Maseda said...

Lorinda,
Yeah, it took all I had to not bust out laughing! :)

Kelly,
Thanks, I hope I have this baby soon too! I hope you and your boys are doing well!

Jensen Fam said...

Congratulations on the arrival of big ole Colton! He is a total doll! You deserve a medal for carrying and delivering such a big baby! He is so beautiful! Can't wait to see him in person!!

The Cutie Patooties