"Yes, they are all mine," I replied with a smile. Once again, someone had observed my small crew and I out and about, and asked (taking a gander at my rather large belly), "Are they all yours?" I quickly and proudly replied, "Yes, they are all mine! They are little stair steps; he is 5, she just turned 4, she will be 2 in two months, and I have another on the way." The woman quickly responded, "I would be in a mental hospital." I simply laughed. There are days I feel like I am in a mental hospital, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I mean really, look at this face.
Though some may not understand, or think that I should have stopped after two, I am proud to be a mama! I love my adorable, and sometimes trying, children! As I looked out my back door today and observed them playing happily together, I thought to myself, 'This is what true happiness is, and this is where my greatest joys come from!'












9 comments:
Love the picture of the kids in the chairs! I'm looking forward to seeing you and baby Colton soon! He will be here any day now! I'm excited, and you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!
I absolutely love the picture of the kids in the chairs!!! So cute!
Thanks Lib! I couldn't have taken the picture without a certain sister who gave me the ADORABLE chairs! Yeah, I am also looking forward to seeing Colton! I can't believe I have made it this long!
Thanks Amanda! I like that you can see their personalities come through in the picture. :)
One of the things I love about this post (in addition to the pictures) is how you can see God's tender mercies in your life every single day...even in your backyard. No matter what's going on,you always manage to focus on the good stuff.
By the way, where are Braden's shoes???
Amen to that! I remember going to Costco when I was pregnant with #5. A lady walked by and looked at us and said, "I hope this is a preschool!" She looked disgusted when I proudly told her they were all mine. Then she saw my very pregnant belly and said, "And you're having another one?"
I wouldn't have it any other way! The comments will only get better when you are toting all four with you soon.
Braden refused to wear any shoes; I just let him learn the lesson himself. Let's just say he didn't stay outside too long. :)
Melinda,
Yeah, I can only imagine the comments I will start getting, because I am amazed now; I don't think three kids is a lot, but people act like I have an army. I'm sure four will make the comments get even better. Luckily, I am like you and am proud to have children; I don't feel the need to apologize for being a mother. What better job could there be?! Even if somedays it is VERY HARD!
You are the kind of mother who should have an army, so you go for it. :) Don't let those people who don't understand the pure love that your children bring to your life bother you. Hopefully one day they will understand that we were commanded to multiply and replenish the Earth. You know my Grandma had 7 and her oldest made a sign to hang over his head when they went places that said "Yes, there are 7 of us, you can stop counting now." :) I would have a whole bunch more if I could too. I love my girls and can't imagine how boring and unfulfilled my life would be without them.
Post a Comment