
The little boy, who in the van on the way to the store to retrieve the above mentioned crackers and Sprite, said to his father, "Daddy, I really think we need to buy Mama some flowers." He even carefully selected the flowers himself, and let his daddy do the purchasing, smart kid!
The little boy who also continued to pop his head into my room all evening, to insure that all my needs were met, and the little boy who used his artistic abilities to draw a picture to lift my spirits.

3. Brooke-my sweet and sassy 3 year old

The sweet little girl who checked on me continuously throughout the evening, brought me a book to read, and a picture she had drawn to help me feel better.

This is also the little girl who, more times than I can count, said, "Mama, I'm really sorry your tummy hurts."
4. Emma-my sweet and crazy 21 month old

The little girl who was like a spy, sneaking into my room every chance she got; if the door was left open even a crack, she took full advantage of the opportunity. I would hear her precious feet and then feel her adorable hands pulling on the side of the bed, trying to climb to the top. Once she achieved her mission, to get to her mama at all costs, she would look at me with those big blues of her eyes, smile her sweet yet devilish smile, and wrap her arms around me, until Rich came to retrieve our cute little escapee.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.
(LDS Hymns, Count Your Blessings, no. 241)
Last night just reconfirmed to me that one of my greatest blessings is my family and the love we have for each other; Heavenly Father has blessed me beyond anything I could have imagined!
When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.
Who needs money when you have a family that loves you?!!!!!!
My family is my greatest treasure!












5 comments:
I LOVE that post! Those Maseda's sure are thoughtful! Are you feeling better? I hope so. Being sick and so far along in your pregnancy is NO FUN!! Can't wait to see ya'll NEXT WEEK!
PS I always love your song selections.
Rigging a bell system sounds like something Rich would do. I'm sure he told you about the Beast (car I bought from him) where he rigged the windsheild wipers to squirt forward out of the hood. That was a great car. Not pretty but it ha d some good miles on it. There is also the story of when it got to I think 100,000 miles he pulled over and put a blanket over the windsheild so he could take a picture of that milestone. Good Times!!
Christina,
Thanks! I am feeling much better now, luckily it was short lived! I can't wait until next weekend either; it has been waaaay too long since we have seen the two of you!
Spencer,
Too funny! Yeah, Rich told me all about the BEAST; the water squirting is something he would still do now! What is even funnier is that he still makes a big ceremonious deal every time we reach the next "milestone" in the van. I guess some things never change, and he is still the constant inventor, the rigged bell as an example. Yeah, I have heard the stories, but I never tire of hearing them. Rich was and is still a character! :)
Great post, as usual. It's refreshing to read a blog that so clearly expresses a spirit of gratitude.
Post a Comment