Monday, December 1, 2008

The Gingerbread House that Wasn't

Well, Rich is out of town for a few days, so that left the cuties and I to fend for ourselves tonight in regards to Family Home Evening. Routine and consistency are so important though, so we trudged on with FHE, even if the man of the house was absent. We sang a Christmas song, prayed, talked about why we celebrate Christmas, and watched a church DVD about Jesus and his birth; we then attempted to decorate a Gingerbread House, notice I said attempted. The icing was just a tad too thick to really create with (my fault), so I let the kids just spread some icing on the roof, add some candy, and then devour it; I guess we will always refer to it as

'The Gingerbread House that Wasn't.'
Oh well, we tried; we may not have created a masterpiece, but we did create some great memories!













2 comments:

Pamelia said...

That house looks pretty good to me!

Christina said...

Carrie! We are planning on being there the first weekend of January! We are sooo excited to so ya'll!

The Cutie Patooties