Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Rite of Passage?

To my horror, yesterday I discovered this.


Is this some kind of rite of passage for most children? My mama said I did the same thing when I was Brooke's age. Brooke luckily learned her lesson, I hope; after inspecting her butcher job in the mirror, she returned to the living room with a look of disgust on her face. I then asked if she liked how her hair looked, to which she pitifully responded, "No." I then asked her what she had learned about cutting her hair, to which she simply responded, "To not to."




Okay having said that, lesson learned or not, what in the world do we do with her hair?! If we cut the rest of her hair to match the hair she cut, her hair will be super short; I'm not sure super short would bode well for Brooke's curly hair. The only way we wouldn't be sporting the Afro look is if I straighten her hair everyday, and I am not quite up to that task. My plan for right now is to pull back the butchered portion of her hair until it grows a little longer and then cut the rest to match, at least until I can come up with a better plan. What do you think?

3 comments:

Pamelia said...

Boy! She cut a lot of her hair off, but in the headband she was wearing yesterday at church you couldn't even tell. I remember when Lindsay did that!! She was the same age.

Mike and Erin said...

My sister did that too - but she chopped her bangs.

I don't think a bob would be too bad with the curls....

small town Hood said...

I hope Ainslee didn't give her the idea. That is a big chunk of hair. I t will grow soon and you can make it the same length again.

The Cutie Patooties