Tuesday, December 23, 2008

9 Glorious Years Today!

With the Christmas season being how it is, I don't have much time to blog; having said that, I would be remiss if I didn't take a moment and say how grateful I am to have spent the past 9 years married to this stud.


Over 9 years ago I drove up to the Stake Building in Charleston, SC for what promised to be a typical Family Home Evening with the other singles, but as I walked up to these steps,
and saw this stud sitting there,



I knew the night was going to be anything but typical. I looked at him,
he looked at me,




and I knew I had to find out who he was and what he was about. Anxiously I walked up to the stairs, and upon arriving at the steps of destiny, he stood up; Jodi (one of the other singles) introduced me to him, he extended his hand, and I shook it. A simple gesture I know, but in that single moment, the simple touching of his hand, revealed so much to me about my future. In that single moment and in that single touch, I knew I had met the man I was going to marry, the man who was going to be the father of my children, and the man I would spend forever with. How can you know such a thing with a single touch? Seems crazy, right? I thought so too, but there was no denying it; with that single touch, I knew I had found the ONE! With that simple touch, there were things I knew about Rich and his spirit, that I shouldn't have known from having just met him. I felt of his goodness, his strong character, his humor, and his intelligence. As the weeks and months passed, all of my initial feelings were confirmed as we spent time together; Rich was everything I had ever dreamed about and more (and I had set the bar pretty high).

We fell in love,

got engaged,


got married,


and began our journey into eternity.



So far this journey has had many ups,



some downs, and an abundance of fun, love, and memories made.





All in all, after 9 glorious years, I am even more in love today with Rich; I thought I knew love the day he and got married, but now I realize how wrong I was! Every day my love for him grows even more, and I can't wait to see what the rest of eternity holds for us; good or bad, we will be by each other's side through it all!


Rich is the love of my life, my prince, my best friend, my rock to lean on when times are tough, my sounding board, and the one person who makes me feel at home just by being close. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, and he makes life sweeter; I had to kiss a lot of frogs to find him, but it was worth it! Rich is more than I could have ever imagined!


Happy Anniversary Hubba Hubba!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for making me cry so early in the morning!! hehe That is so romantic. You are are the coolest couple. We can't wait to see you! (Oh, the 9th and 10th are great! We will see you then!)

The Cutie Patooties