Do you see this little boy? One day, he is going to make someone a very good husband, because he already knows just the right thing to say (not to mention that he is super sweet). Last Saturday night, I had just finished getting ready for our ward Christmas party at church, and I was staring at myself in the mirror; you know, thinking things like, 'Why must the rest of me get so big when I am pregnant?' 'Oh, to be one of those women that only get a bigger tummy!' 'I however am of the variety of woman who gets bigger everywhere.' 'Oh well, at least after having the baby, I can work out again; until then, I guess I will have to be fat!' As these thoughts are racing through my head, my sweet little Braden walks into the bathroom, takes one look at me decked out in my maternity best, and exclaims, "Mama, you look pretty!" I quickly reply, "Thank you so much Braden, Mama needed to hear that! I feel pretty fat these days." Upon hearing my response, Braden gets a puzzled look on his face, and innocently replies, "Mama, you don't look fat, just pretty." Yeah, he got showered with kisses for that one; see, he already knows just what to say! I hope the girl who captures his heart one day will know what a prize she has!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













4 comments:
Loved your Christmas card! Great pics and great letter. Thanks for the negatives. Those will be great. That whole day was a blur to me. I had forgotten you had even taken pictures.
And I'm sure you are beautiful. You're almost there....
Thanks Melinda; I am glad you liked it! You'll have to post some of the wedding pics after you get them developed; I am anxious to see them! I just wish I would have taken more for ya'll that day. :)
Very cute! Rich has taught him well!
Ah yes, as Ben and Christina above stated, Rich has taught his son well. If all men only knew how far a few sweet words would go to make us feel better about ourselves and more loving towards them, I think the world would be a much happier place.
About Braden's comment, he's right you know. You're pretty, not fat and pregnant, not fat.
Post a Comment