Friday, March 27, 2009

Emma's 2nd Birthday Party

Here are pictures from Emma's family birthday party.






Since Brooke wanted a family party this year, we decided that was a good idea for everyone. In some ways, a family party is better, okay, in A LOT of ways! One, a lot less stress for everyone involved, two you don't have to clean your house from top to bottom before and after the party, and third, and most importantly, the party truly is about the birthday girl or boy; you don't worry about if all the guests are going to enjoy themselves, because the birthday girl or boy has picked the activities. Having said that, we had a family party for Emma this year consisting of a purple smiley face cake, hot dogs, chips, soda, ice cream, present opening, and A LOT of dancing (one of Emma's favorite activities)! Emma loved it, which to me means it was a success!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Our rule growing up was that we got a friend party every other year and a family party the other year. There were five of us, so I think it was a very necessary rule! I am planning on doing the same with my kids, though my old co-workers tell me that makes me a bad mom. Oh, well- I'll take being called a bad mom to a mom that's way overstressed!!!

Melinda said...

We only do family parties. I did parties when Emily was 2 and 5. Too much work! I love the family parties. Our children have never complained. Happy Birthday Emma!

Pamelia said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!!

The Cutie Patooties