Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Last night for Family Home Evening we went to the Recreation Center for an Easter Egg Hunt; truth be told, it could also be called organized chaos. Being a mother, organized chaos is my life, but I think it made Rich a little nuts. When we first arrived, I scanned the crowd and realized that all the other mothers had brought Easter baskets for their children; we're not talking just plain baskets. There were baskets of every color imaginable; I especially liked a Hello Kitty basket a little girl was sporting. As I continued to scan the crowd, I thought, 'Well, I guess we will have to be the white trash family, because it didn't cross my mind to think about bringing baskets. I think I should get kudos for just remembering the date and time and getting us all here! Isn't there anyone else that forgot baskets?!!!! Oh good, there are a couple over there. Who needs a basket anyway? It doesn't help you find eggs easier, you just look cuter while you are doing it.' Once reassuring myself that I am not the only sometimes forgetful mother and assuring my self that my mistake would indeed not ruin the experience, I sent Rich to the van to round up three plastic bags. With plastic bags in hand, we headed to the games to wait for the hunt to begin. The cuties jumped in a bounce house, and then cleaned house in the Easter egg hunt, especially Emma! Emma got the most eggs out of all three of them (they separated them by age), and she also got her picture taken for the local paper. See, the bag didn't slow her down or keep her from looking cute, as evidenced by getting her picture taken (just doing a little more reassuring). After the hunt, we headed over to collect our food; I was hoping to sit at one of the picnic tables to eat, but Rich couldn't take anymore (woofing down hot dogs in the van doesn't have quite the same effect). I really need to teach that boy the subtle beauty and fun of chaos, organized chaos that is!

Here are pictures of the night:
(I didn't get too many, because I was wearing Colton and trying to take pictures. There are none of the hunt, because the kids took off like bullets!)

2 comments:

I am LoW said...

I've forgotten Easter baskets so many times, I don't get what it is that makes me forget THAT. Especially when I have 100 here at the house and knowing I am taking the kids to a hunt, of eggs, that are hard to carry by hand. haha But we survive. :)

(Gary doesn't do crazy crowds either)

Melinda said...

I'm impressed that you remembered to go. I totally would've forgotten the baskets too, except I'm not sure I would've had plastic bags in the car and I probably would've had them put them in their shirts. Good job! It seems like you are handling 4 kids and organized chaos just fine. I think it's funny how men can't always seem to handle it with as much grace as women. David can't stand the Dora the Explorer's shouting. I've learned to tune it out.

The Cutie Patooties