Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter 2009


Easter this year was FANTASTIC!



We woke up, the kids followed the jelly bean trail to their Easter baskets (I had to replace some of the jelly beans in the trail, because Brooke woke up a little early and helped herself to a few), Braden, Brooke, and Emma devoured waaaaaaay too much candy, we ate breakfast, got ready for church, went to church, and then headed to my Aunt Ann's in Sumter, SC to celebrate. I can't tell you how nice it was to be around everyone! Growing up, we were constantly getting together at my Granny's house: aunts, uncles, cousins; it was often mass chaos, and I loved it!




This wonderful woman, who I lovingly call Granny,



always opened her heart and her home to all of us! As a child, I knew that within the walls of her home I would always be loved; I knew that my granny loved me unconditionally! It was a place you could relax and feel free to be yourself. When everyone was there, the walls resonated with laughter, conversation, the smell of delicious down home Southern cooking, and lots of love! When my Granny passed away, I thought I would never have that feeling again (often watching old home videos to listen again to her loving voice and the chaos that erupted when we were all together); I was wrong! Sunday at my Aunt Ann's felt like being at my Granny's all over again! My Aunt Ann opened her home to us; she fed us, and she made us feel at home! Within the walls of her home, we knew we were loved and accepted. My children even felt it, and informed me that all of our family get togethers need to be at Aunt Ann's.


As the evening drew to a close Sunday evening, I looked around at my family that was there and thought about how much I love them! I love listening to Katherine's laughter, Greg's jokes, Uncle Allen's stories, and I love how much Aunt Ann reminds me of Granny (she has so many of Granny's mannerisms)! I was in absolute heaven Sunday evening as we stood in Aunt Ann and Uncle Allen's driveway watching the children play, talking, and laughing together as a family. I took this short video to help remember and relive the fun day I had, and I want to always remember how blessed I am to have a family I love so dearly!


And here are just a few pictures from the day:


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Carrie, all I can say is that I agree; I felt the same. I couldn't have said it better. I love you!

I am LoW said...

That's awesome, I didn't really get to have a granny. I mean, one still lives, but hasn't been in my life since we moved from California when I was in THIRD GRADE. It's like, we moved and she was done, never to be heard from again. Very sad. But I have found granny's in my aunts, who just so happen to be as old as granny's, since they were old enough to be my dad's mother.

That was a mouthful! haha!!

But in short, I hear ya!! :-D

Jayne said...

Love it, Sweetie! Does this mean that you and the cuties don't want to come to Black Grandmama's anymore?????

Carrie Maseda said...

Lib,
Thanks sis! I love you too girl!

Lorinda,
I enjoyed your little story; I didn't know you used to live in CA.

Mama,
You know we will come back to your house! :)

The Cutie Patooties