Saturday, August 4, 2007

My birthday week~trip to South Carolina



I had the best birthday this year! Actually it felt more like a birthday week; Monday Braden, Brooke, Emma, and I went to South Carolina to spend a week with Elizabeth. Of course, there was no way Mama was going to miss an opportunity to see her grandchildren, so she came down to Elizabeth's on Tuesday night. Monday we just spent time at Elizabeth's house relaxing after making the journey, but Tuesday we ventured out. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to be in Conway again; it was so comforting being in a place that holds so many good memories for me. Almost everywhere I look I have a memory of somebody or something. I also was excited about seeing Myrtle Beach, but Conway means so much more to me. On Tuesday I had the opportunity to meet up with one of my old high school friends and catch up, while our two sons played at the park that I went to as a child; in fact the whole time we were there I kept running through the memories in my head: the birthday parties, the late night talks with the girls as we sipped milkshakes, and especially the party my friends and I had in 8th grade at the building located at the park. Tuesday night we had a small party at Elizabeth's house; it was just the cuties, Elizabeth, Paul, Amanda, and Mama. We ate lasagna, opened presents, and had a delicious cake. The next day we of course went shopping; I couldn't resist all of the good sales at Children's Place! Thursday Elizabeth, the cuties, and I went to Carla's (Elizabeth's best friend) pool. We were going to go to the beach, but we decided with 3 children a pool would be a better and wiser choice. After the pool Braden and Brooke took a tour at Carla's looking at the goats, cows, rabbits, and dogs; they also took a spin on Carla's polaris. Thursday night we headed to Daddy's for another birthday celebration, where we ate hamburgers, chips, and a sinful chocolate cake. I loved being around everyone, and so did Braden and Brooke; they especially enjoyed getting spoiled rotten by everyone! I've had to do some detox since we have been back. Friday afternoon we headed home, where Rich had another celebration planned. He arranged for a babysitter, so he and I were able to go to Savannah and have a celebration for just the two of us (well, Emma was there; she slept most of the time though). I couldn't imagine a better celebration! I was surrouned all week by those that I love and that love me, I ate way too many goodies, and I got to end the week with my sweetie! If turning 32 is this much fun, I can't wait until 33! Bring on the age baby, and the wisdom that comes with each year! I just wish there was a way the gray hair did come along with each passing year!

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties