Well, today we went to meet Braden's teacher, and he did much better than I anticipated. I thought he would cling to my leg the whole time we were there, but as soon as we pulled up to First Baptist, he undid his booster seat, jumped out of the van, and closed the door before Brooke even had a chance to get out. I think it would be safe to say he is a little excited. Braden did hold back a little once we entered the classroom, preferring to stay by me. He and I walked around his classroom: looking at the centers, finding his name on his spot and putting it on the big dog, finding where his seat is, showing him where to hang his backpack every day, and introducing him to his teacher. Braden finally ventured away from me and explored the classroom; I tried to get him interested in the coloring activity his teacher had laid out for them, but he wanted no part of it. Braden wanted to check out everything, but Brooke however was more than happy to sit down in his seat and color. I must also point out though, that Braden never likes to color on coloring pages; he prefers to be given a white sheet of paper and do his own thing. Brooke was more excited about being there than Braden; she even was making friends with the little girl, Madison, who will be sitting across from Braden. She and Madison were busily sharing crayons and coloring, while Braden continued to explore. Before we left, Braden agreed to pose for a picture with his teacher, and then he gave her a big hug! For Braden to have hugged her already is a VERY good sign! This afternoon we went to the neighborhood pool with a bunch of friends as a little celebration, and another side of Braden came out. He was jumping off the side of the pool into LaNae's hands, running around, and splashing everywhere. Braden usually stays by my side when we go to the pool, but today he wanted me to put sunscreen on him and then stand back and let him go. I guess my little boy is growing up!
Friday, August 10, 2007
Meet the Teacher
Well, today we went to meet Braden's teacher, and he did much better than I anticipated. I thought he would cling to my leg the whole time we were there, but as soon as we pulled up to First Baptist, he undid his booster seat, jumped out of the van, and closed the door before Brooke even had a chance to get out. I think it would be safe to say he is a little excited. Braden did hold back a little once we entered the classroom, preferring to stay by me. He and I walked around his classroom: looking at the centers, finding his name on his spot and putting it on the big dog, finding where his seat is, showing him where to hang his backpack every day, and introducing him to his teacher. Braden finally ventured away from me and explored the classroom; I tried to get him interested in the coloring activity his teacher had laid out for them, but he wanted no part of it. Braden wanted to check out everything, but Brooke however was more than happy to sit down in his seat and color. I must also point out though, that Braden never likes to color on coloring pages; he prefers to be given a white sheet of paper and do his own thing. Brooke was more excited about being there than Braden; she even was making friends with the little girl, Madison, who will be sitting across from Braden. She and Madison were busily sharing crayons and coloring, while Braden continued to explore. Before we left, Braden agreed to pose for a picture with his teacher, and then he gave her a big hug! For Braden to have hugged her already is a VERY good sign! This afternoon we went to the neighborhood pool with a bunch of friends as a little celebration, and another side of Braden came out. He was jumping off the side of the pool into LaNae's hands, running around, and splashing everywhere. Braden usually stays by my side when we go to the pool, but today he wanted me to put sunscreen on him and then stand back and let him go. I guess my little boy is growing up!
Posted by
Carrie Maseda
at
5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
Love the pictures. Brooke looks pretty grown up sitting there at the table. She's really going to miss Braden in the morning, and he'll come back full of knowledge and self-importance. It's hard to believe, but I actually do remember the first time I went to school to meet with my teacher. Well, I don't remember that part; I remember going to my grandmother's house to pick up Ann and Mike, and I felt that they were so young and beneath me since I'd had the big adventure.
Post a Comment