Saturday, August 18, 2007

Why, Why, Why, Why

I love that my children are so inquisitive, but I wonder sometimes if it is at the risk of my sanity?! "Come on Braden and Brooke, it is time to eat." "Why?" "Because it is lunch time." "Why?" How do you answer that? It's the middle of the day. I said so. The MAN decided that we must all eat in the middle of the day and call it lunch. I am often at a loss as to how to answer some of their questions. "I'm going to eat, because I'm hungry." "Mama, why are you hungry?" "Because I haven't eaten in a few hours." "Why haven't you eaten in a few hours?" "I have been busy." "Why have you been busy?" "I needed to clean the house." "Why did you need to clean the house?" "Because there were toys everywhere and dishes to wash." "Why were there dishes to wash?" (Notice they skipped asking why the toys were everywhere; I suspect they knew the answer to that question) "We just ate our breakfast on them." "Why did we eat on them?" "We were hungry." "Why were we hungry?" It is a vicious cycle that continues to repeat itself in the Maseda household everyday. Brooke and Braden even recently asked me why they had to wear clothes. "Brooke please go put on some clothes." "Why do I have to put clothes on?" "Because we don't go around naked." "Why don't we go around naked?" "Not everyone wants to see your naked butt." "Why doesn't everyone want to see my naked butt?" Oh, my head hurts just thinking about all of the whys I have heard this week! I guess I should just count my blessings that they haven't asked the question all parents dread to hear, "Where do babies come from?"

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties