Braden has such a sweet and tender heart. Today after church he and I were talking about how he will be going to school again tomorrow, and he wanted to know what Brooke, Emma, and I would be doing while he was at school. I told him we were going to go to the store. He of course then wanted to know why, and I told him we were going to buy some food for someone in our ward who had surgery. Braden of course again asked why, so we talked about how the woman was a mommy with a little girl and a daddy to take care of; I told him that she had to rest and get better, so she needed help with meals for a few days. He looked at me thoughtfully and then informed me that he wanted to buy them fruit snacks. Braden loves fruit snacks, so he thought if they make him happy, they will make them happy; tomorrow I will make sure to write fruit snacks at the top of my list! I love that Braden is so naturally loving and compassionate towards others, and I hope he will always be able to hold onto that wonderful Christlike trait! I think tomorrow I am going to have he and Brooke also help me prepare the meals, so they can learn firsthand what Jesus meant when he taught us to love one another. I want them to learn that it means action not just empty words, but I really think Braden already knows that; it is evident when he shares with his sister, lovingly talks to Emma, or sacrifices something of his own for someone he loves. Friday in fact is a perfect example of his sacrifices; he and Rich went to a family fun park, played putt-putt, rode go carts, and played arcade games. After winning several tickets at the arcade games, he and Rich went up to pick out some loot. Once up at the counter, Braden informed Rich he wanted to get something for Brooke and I also; he carefully picked out a bracelet for Brooke and a Chinese imprinted fan for me before selecting a simple tattoo for himself. Braden was so excited when he got home, and he passed out our "surprises." Oh, how I love Braden's sweet spirit; he teaches our whole family what it truly means to try to be like Jesus!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
These are both such sweet stories. He's a loving little fellow largely because of the example that his parents set for him and because of the things they teach him. That Chinese fan sounds especially nice; it'd be nice if you could display it somehow, somewhere.
Post a Comment