A good word to describe Brooke would be fireball; she has enough spunk, sass, spirit, and attitude for two children. Brooke can also be a little hothead at times. This afternoon I was attempting, notice I said attempting, to take a nap while Rich was playing a Bingo game with Braden and Brooke. I must also point out that this game is for 3 years olds and older. Well, in the middle of playing the game, Brooke flips her bingo card over sending her board and all of the bingo markers everywhere, and exclaims loudly, "Stupid Game!" "I hate this stupid game!" She then stomps quite dramatically into my room, where I am 'attempting' to take a nap, slams the door behind her, and proclaims, "I am soooooooo mad." "I need to cool down for a sec." I ask her why she is mad and she explains that the bingo game is too hard. After discussing it, we decide that the matching cookie game is not too hard for her, and she leaves the room (I thought) to ask Rich if she and he could play that game instead. A second later though I hear, "Daddy, I am mad at you." Rich asks why, and she responds, "The game is too hard!" Rich also offers the cookie game as an alternative to which she responds, "Okay, but I need to cool off first." At this point she waltzes back into my room, throws herself on my bed, and explains that she needs to cool off. After about 5 minutes, with the same dramatics she entered the room, she gets up from the bed exclaims, "I have cooled off", and she returns to the living room to tell her daddy and I assume to play the game. Within seconds though, she is back in my room again singing the woes of the hard Bingo game. Is she hilarious or what?! It was so funny, that I decided to tape her as I asked her questions about the event. By the time I thought to get my camera out, she had cooled off considerably, but it is still quite entertaining to watch. If she is this way at 2 1/2, what in the world is she going to be like at 14? I don't dare to imagine!
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
Hmmmm. I used to know a little girl just like this. In fact, I STILL know someone near and dear who gets peeved to the max when board games don't go her way.
Post a Comment