I'm so excited, I just can't hide it... Braden is starting preschool on Monday, and I am beside myself with excitement! Rich and I went to the meeting they had tonight for parents; they went over the curriculum, schedule, and other important information. Braden will be going Monday through Friday from 8:50 to 12:00. It was fun looking around the classroom thinking that Braden will be there learning, socializing, and growing up before my eyes. This weekend we are going to go get him a backpack for the little folder and extra set of clothes he has to take to school every day. I love thinking about him wearing a little backpack, bringing home sheets he has
done at school, listening to him tell me about the other children in his class, and watching the progress he makes throughout the year. Rich is a little apprehensive about how he will do, but I think it's going to be fantastic! I signed up to help with the parties and the field trips; I want to be as involved as they will let me, because I think it will make all the difference to Braden (they also will let me bring the 2 prisses if I can't find someone to watch them). It will also help me get to know his friends and get an idea of what his day is like. I always wandered what I would be like when my kids started school, being a teacher myself; I wandered if I would be judgemental or supportive of their teachers. I guess now I know; I love his teacher, and I want to do all I can to make her a success and therefore Braden a success! When she was talking about the curriculum, I was going through things in my head that I can do at home to enhance what he will be learning at school. Tomorrow Braden, the other cuties, and I will go back to First Baptist (that's where the preschool is); he still hasn't met Miss Christy. I hope she will see those baby blues of his and those melt your heart dimples and fall in love and pledge to protect him. As you can tell, I do wonder how he will deal with conflict or those that have less than stellar social skills, but I know it is better to learn those lessons now than when he gets older. I also know that overprotecting him will cause more harm than good, so this will be good for both of us. Even now, I only try to step in when he has tried to tell another child what he feels or dislikes, and they don't seem to get it or care. To Rich's chagrin, I have taught Braden that he first tries to tell a child that he doesn't like: the pushing, hitting, etc., and if they don't stop after a couple attempts, he can hit them. I know, not very Christlike; I want Braden to feel secure with taking up for himself though. Of course, I am the child that got sent home from a friend's house when I was 3, because I followed my daddy's advice and punched my friend Curtis in the nose after he hit me; my daddy still likes to tell everyone about the whole sordid affair complete with details of the bloody nose. I guess I am just passing on the tradition and teaching to hit back. Okay, maybe I am doing a little justifying. I just want Braden to be successful this year in all areas and really start his school career off on the right foot. Braden was telling Brooke all about the blue slide at "his school." Brooke was green with envy, but she will just have to wait until next year; I think they can only handle one Maseda at a time, especially when one of the Masedas is a 2 1/2 year old fireball.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
Mike and I got the biggest giggle out of this post!
Post a Comment