Saturday, July 28, 2007

80's Dance






Last night we had an 80's dance at church, and as I had been taught by my daddy, we showed up fashionably late. Rich began the night in his Letterman's jacket, polo shirt with collar up, and high tops to tie the outfit together. Braden was sporting rolled up jeans, a polo shirt also with the collar up, spiked and gelled hair, and his infamous black penny loafers on his feet; I decided to mix up the 80's a little (I had to use what I had), so I donned a Madonna inspired skirt, a white shirt under a vest, a long necklace, high heels, and some huge hoop earrings. I attempted the big hair, but alas, I could not remember how to achieve the wave, so I put a ponytail on top of my head as I often did in the late 80's; my dad would always say it looked like I had a flower growing out of the top of my head. I put on my makeup a little heavier than usual, and I was all set. Since Emma is so little, we decided to spare her the humiliation; Brooke on the other hand would have been adorable in the 80's outfit I picked out for her, but she wanted no part of it. Brooke wanted to wear her princess outfit, and that was the end of the discussion! They served punch and cookies and also supplied us with a couple performances, in addition to the entertainment of the rest of the ward (including the Masedas) making fools out of themselves. Rich showed off some of his break dance moves, Brooke shook her booty, and even Braden warmed up and braved the dance floor. It was such a fun night; we stayed until the bitter end!

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties