Friday, July 20, 2007

Our Trip to San Diego


Our week in review:

Monday: We flew out of Savannah in the early afternoon and finally arrived in San Diego late that night. Luckily, the cuties were pretty good, especially Emma, she was an angel. Once we arrived in San Diego, the adventure began. Rich and Braden went to get a shuttle to the rental car place, while Brooke, Emma, and I along with all of the luggage waited outside for about 40 minutes. At one point, I was holding a sleeping Brooke while pushing Emma's stroller back and forth saying, "It's okay, It's okay, sh, sh, sh, sh." Finally a kind soul took pity on me and asked if I needed help. I didn't get any bad vibes, so I told him if he could just push the luggage cart up to the curb for me, I would be very grateful. Once on the road, luggage packed in our rental car, we were ready to begin our adventure. We finally got to the bungalows after 10, 1a.m. Georgia time; we visited with everyone for a little while and then crashed.

Tuesday: Rich played golf for a good portion of the day with his dad, Tom, and our nephew Kyle, while I watched the cuties play with their cousins in the sand. Once the boys were home, the festivities could continue. We had a scavenger hunt, which we won; I think Rich should have won just for creativity. One of the items we were supposed to find was a sand dollar, which was nearly impossible, so Rich took a dollar out of his pocket and got it sandy, a SAND dollar. After the scavenger hunt, we had supper. Following supper, we watched the DVD I had made for the reunion, and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. My goal was to make everyone laugh, cry, and reminisce; I wanted everyone to remember how important we are to each other. I am sooooooo grateful for my family, the one I was born into and the one I married into!

Wednesday: Today was a free day, so we along with Heather, Heidi, and their families went to Legoland. It was such a fun place; everyone loved it! The first thing we did was take a boat ride and look at Mini Land. There was an Eiffel tower made out of Legoes, along with the Sydney Opera House, Mount Rushmore, complete with little lego men using a lego q-tip to clean out one of the president's ears, a giant octopus and his starfish band, and several other sites. We did so many things, it would take forever to list, but I will again say, we LOVED it! Braden and Brooke also loved spending time with their cousins.

Thursday: This morning we went to the beach. I think I will stay loyal to my East Coast beaches, especially Myrtle Beach. It was a little too cold for me and my Southern blood, including the water. Rich and Brooke braved the water, but Braden, Emma, and I said, "No thanks!" In the afternoon we played Mormon Family Feud, where the boys reigned supreme. For dinner I cooked a well known southern delicacy, Chicken Bog. We also had rolls, green beans, and Mrs. Edwards' pies; everyone went back for seconds, which is always a good sign. After dinner we headed to the beach for Maseda Olympics. We had a water relay, buried the fathers in the sand, looked for a list of objects buried in the sand, and did a couple more things as well. It was a lot of fun; Melissa did a great job planning everything!

Friday: Today was Temple Day, but since with Emma nursing that isn't a possibility for me, I went to hang out with Bonnie (one of my good friends from St. Marys, whose husband is now stationed in San Diego). It was sooooooo nice getting to see her again, and the kids loved playing with her daughters. This afternoon we played the Not So Newlywed Game, Heidi and George fixed supper, and then we did family skits. It was a fun night!

Saturday: Tonight we went to Old Town for dinner. Bonnie and Chris and their cuties met Tom, Melissa, and us there for dinner. We ate Mexican and then headed to the candy store to spend way too much money on candy. It was nice walking around and spending time together.

Sunday: We went to church today (the ward was fantastic), we played Family Trivia, Guess Who, and Linda and Fred made dinner. We also took group pictures. Today was mainly spent getting ready for our trip home and trying to squeeze in some last minute memories with everyone.

There are so many things we did and memories we made, that I couldn't possibly list them all here; this is just a brief summary. I will just say I had a fantastic time; I miss everyone terribly!

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties