Friday, July 27, 2007

Oh to be so sweet and pure

Braden has such a sweet and pure spirit, but there are some days I go from wanting to strangle him to wanting to take him in my arms and give him a huge hug; yesterday was one of those days. I woke up, as you read, to evidence of more destruction; to say I was exasperated would be an understatement. In one moment though it all changed; Braden looked at the picture of Jesus we have on the refrigerator and then looked up at me, and uttered the phrases that melted my heart and touched my spirit, "Mommy, I really love Jesus." "I miss him." Oh, to be so sweet and pure; we can learn as much from children as they can hopefully learn from us, but yesterday Braden was the teacher.

1 comments:

jayne bowers said...

This looks like a fun evening. Thanks for sharing the highlights with us.

The Cutie Patooties