As I was enjoying my delicious Mother's Day dinner tonight, my cute five, soon to be six, year old looked at me and posed the question, "How will I know the right girl to marry?" I of course suggested we make a list of all the qualities he wants in a wife; it was so much fun with Brooke, I just couldn't resist seeing what Braden's list would contain.
Here is his list:
I want her...
*to have straight hair.
*to be nice.
*to be pretty.
*to be nice to other people.
*to be nice to other people.
*to make me food, good food.
*to use good manners.
*to be pretty. (He said it twice, so I wrote it down twice.)
*to be smart.
*skin to be peach.
*to give me the stuff I want for Father's Day.
*to have pretty eyes.
*to have a strong testimony.
*be sweet to me.
*to love me.
*to make me laugh.
*to put good things in her body.
*to like me.
*to dress up pretty.
*to have shiny eyes.
*to be able to take me to the temple.
*to be able to see.
*to dance, have good dancing.
*to have the prettiest clothes in the whole wide world.
*to have pretty lips.
*to have pretty necklaces.
*to have good cheeks, a good nose, and a good forehead, and a good chin.
*to have pretty fingers.
*to have pretty straight brown hair.
*to be a good mom to my kids.
*to have pretty eyelashes and ooh la la make-up.
*to have pretty shoes.
*to love Jesus.
He also said, "I want to make her laugh." & "If she sees the kids being mean, I want her to grab them and put them in time out."
Did anybody else catch the fact that Braden wants to marry someone who is pretty?! I'm glad he does have some more substantial things on his list as well, but I think we need to talk about how a pretty face isn't everything, or pretty fingers, or eyes, etc.; maybe I will let Rich handle that one. I did tell Braden that it was important to pray about who he wants to marry and listen to the spirit. I just want him to marry someone who loves him like crazy, who he loves like crazy, can go with him to the temple, has a strong testimony, and loves Heavenly Father and Jesus. Nothing less than the best for my boy!












0 comments:
Post a Comment