Friday, May 15, 2009

The Things Mothers Do for Love

As a mother, I often go to great heights to let my children know how much I love them. Those are also often the times I stop, and think to myself, 'I must really love this child to be doing this!' As I hurried to take Braden to school, so I could then drop off the girls at LaNae's house only to turn around and hustle back to Braden's school (all in the rain I must add), I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I arrived at the school, discovering there was hardly any parking, I parked in the wet grass, thinking, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I placed a very irate three month old into his carrier and strapped him on, amid his many protests, I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I trudged across that wet grass, getting my beautiful, brand new, turquoise flip flops drenched, I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I tried to maneuver through the crowd with my camera laden diaper bag, I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I played the stand up, sit down, stand up, dance a little, sit down, stand up game to keep Colton happy while we waited for the performance to begin, I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I worked feverishly to get the video camera and my digital camera armed and ready, while continuing to dance a three month around, I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!' As I continued to dance, frantically looking at the clock, trying to get my three month old to do this,


before the show began, I thought, 'I must really love this boy to be doing this!'



As I watched this little boy walk in and sit down,


I thought, 'I sure love that boy!'

As I looked at his sweet, smiling face and his irresistible dimples,


I thought, 'I sure love that boy!'


It was all worth it to be there for Braden, to see him dance with all the other kindergartners: the rain, the rushing, the wet shoes, the chaos, all of it, just to see that smile on Braden's face when he saw me!

I sure love that boy!

Oh, the things mothers do for love!

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties