Well, we had our first annual Maseda Family Awards Ceremony/Night tonight, and it was quite the success! Each child made a certificate for everyone in the family, excluding themselves of course, ...
...and Rich and I also made certificates for the children and each other. In addition to the certificates, I also had purchased a couple Special Helper ribbons, six medals, and some rings and pencil topper erasers.
To begin our evening we grilled hamburgers; after supper we adjourned to the living room to begin the festivities. Just like an awards ceremony, our award distribution was also intermingled with entertainment: Brooke and Emma sang, Rich played the guitar and sang, and Rich and I did a little swing dancing. The children loved giving and receiving awards tonight; it was fun trying to get the children to guess who was getting which award. I think my favorite awards were the medals; Rich had 3 gold ones to give to Braden, Brooke, and Emma, and I had 3 silver ones to do the same. As we gave them to each child, that was our time to express to that particular child things we loved about them, what makes them special, and why we feel blessed to call them ours and have them be a integral part of our family (of course this also was when I got emotional).
Once the administration of all the certificates, ribbons and other rewards had been given out, we then went to stage two of the night, which included a movie and popcorn.
All in all, I think the night was well worth the effort, and I am glad we have decided to make it one of our new traditions! This feeling was only confirmed when after tonight's festivities, Brooke looked at me and said, "This is my favorite place to be, because my family is here!" I can not explain or quite put my finger on a particular thing we did tonight to create this feeling, unless it was the entire night, but I felt like we were even more of a team after tonight. I felt the love we had for each other, and I felt the intense loyalty we have for each other and for our family!The Awards for Tonight Were As Follows (left the children's awards verbatim):
Braden Maseda: Superstar Son, Awesome Artist, & Best Ball Player
Brooke Maseda: Dynamite Dancer, Ferocious Vocabulary, and Best Sister to Have a Slumber Party With
Emma Maseda: Cutie Patootie, Life of the Party, Crazy Sister, and Craziest Sister (notice a trend?)
Colton Maseda: King Cooer, Best Baby that Cries
Rich Maseda: Man of my Dreams, Strongest Man, and Best Dad Have Good Ideas What We Can Do Award (verbatim)
Me: One Hot Mama, Best Mom that Love Me, Mom Does a Good Job Cleaning













3 comments:
What a great idea!
I love it!!!
We really did have the best time! If it wasn't for Kim's suggestion, it would have never evolved. :)
Post a Comment