Friday, May 1, 2009

Husband Material?


Brooke has been very concerned lately about growing up and all that is involved with that process, including finding the right person to marry. She often asks, "Mama, how will I know who to marry?" Today her worries again arose, so I thought it would be fun to make a list of all the things she wants in a husband. I told her that one way to find someone to marry is know what you want; I know I sure had a mental list of what I wanted in my husband and my eternal companion, and I'm so glad I didn't settle for anything less than the best!


After much thought on Brooke's part, here is her list of desired qualities in a husband:
(tried to leave them in the way they were worded to me)
I want a husband who:
*is good, not bad.
*go to church.
*can take me to the temple.
*makes me laugh.
*will help me with my kids.
*will help teach the things I don't know that he knows.
*don't stop going to church.
*will help me do what is right.
*will help me feel better.
*has the priesthood.
*is smart.
*is grateful he is a dad.
*will help me untie my dress when it is in a knot after church, because I can't reach it because it is in the back of the dress.
*is cute.
*loves me.
*is a very good person.
*is nice to me.
*will help me get the kids in bed, when they say, "I don't want to, I don't want to Mommy!"
*will help me cook food.
*likes to dance.
*will be so sweet to me.
*won't drink coffee or smoke. He will never drink coffee, alcohol, smoke, or diabetes.
*will be so, so, sooooooo sweet to other people and their kids.
*will never tell lies.
*will be very quiet when our baby is sleeping.
*won't hurt anybody or our family.
Sounds pretty good to me! I think I would add, has their education to the list; other than that, I think she will be just fine! Whoever does capture this little girl's heart will be one lucky boy!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

What a great list! It's definitely important to find a man who can untie your dress after church! Too cute!

Anita said...

This is a great list! I hope you save it and give it back to her when she's dating.

Jayne said...

This is priceless. And if I know our little Brookster, she'll get exactly what she wants. Lucky is the guy who'll win her heart!

Carrie Maseda said...

Melinda, Yeah I thought that one was pretty funny; I love how her little mind works!

Anita, I am; I'm writing the list down in the journal I keep about her. I can't wait to show it to her when she gets older! :)

Mama, I wish you could have seen her look of concentration as she decided what needed to go on the list.

The Cutie Patooties