Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oh, to be a Daddy!

Some days I think,
Oh, to be a Daddy!
Oh, to take a shower in peace! Oh, to use the bathroom without an audience! Oh, to have a full night's sleep! Oh, to get to go to work and escape the dirty dishes, the endless barrage of laundry, the never ending monotony of cleaning the house, the tattling, and the whining that never seems to end!



Then I feel little Colton kick inside of me, I feel Emma wrap her little arms around my neck and give me one of her sweet kisses on my cheek, I hear Brooke tell me I'm the best mom ever, and Braden tells me that he loves me, and my thoughts quickly change to Oh, to be a Mama! Oh to be the one who gets the privilege to spend everyday with these choice spirits! Oh to be the one who has been blessed with such a great honor and responsibility! Oh to be the one who is there to see their first step and hear their first word! Oh to be the one to hear their joyous laughter! Oh to be the one who is both a source of strength to them and a safe place to fall! Oh to be the one who gets to make their home a little piece of heaven on earth! Oh to be the one who gets to foster their imaginations, encourage their dreams, and bolster their confidence! Oh to be the one who receives their sweet kisses and loving hugs! Oh to be the one they call Mama!



2 comments:

The Mayne Attraction said...

Amen sister! I couldn't have said it any better.

Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, I was thinking Oh, to be a Daddy the other night when Rich was leaving to do bishop stuff at church; as he was leaving I hear Brooke yell, "Mama, Emma pooped in the bathtub." Rich looked at me and said, "I love you, gotta go!" Yeah, I wish I could have said gotta go, but of course I had to stay and deal with the clean up.

The Cutie Patooties