Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

I am glad to report that this morning ran more smoothly; why can't this be the new trend? What worked? I am not sure; it could have been one thing or a combination of things. First, the cuties all woke up about 5:30 this morning (yes, earlier than usual), meaning they had time to play with each other and their daddy while I got breakfast ready; I'm wondering if that time to play and spend with Rich made a difference; we always have breakfast together, but that is it. Rich usually woofs down his food, we say a quick family prayer, and then he is out the door. Is that what made the difference? Or was it the talk I had with them before they started getting ready? You know, the we are a family team, we need to work together, show love to each other talk. Or was it the music I played while they got ready? I had to turn the music off a couple times when they started slowing down, but they quickly started speeding up again in an effort to get the music turned back on; these are the Maseda Rump Shakers we are talking about. Or was it the upbeat fake it till you make it attitude I had today? I forced myself to praise Braden and Brooke for the progress they were making, rather than pointing out the things they had left to do. What exactly was it that worked today? What made this morning so different? Maybe it was the combination of everything? I don't know, but I sure am going to try to repeat it tomorrow! My sanity stayed intact, I actually got a shower and got ready BEFORE taking Braden to school and not after, the cuties had 15 minutes to play after they got ready, we were all in upbeat attitudes on the way to take Braden to school (throwing in a little car dancing to one of Braden's favs, Boogie Shoes), and this morning all I felt towards this little boy

was LOVE!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Sweetie, You're the BEST! I know how hard it is to be a young mother, but I don't know how it is to be the mother of three under 5 and to be expecting another. My hat's off to you, Little Mama. About what worked, it probably was a little of this and a little of that.

One of the many things I love and admire about you is that you keep on trying different things until you hit on something that works instead of throwing up your hands in despair.

Carrie Maseda said...

Thank you Mama; when I have bad days, I need encouragement and pats on the back more than anything! :)

The Cutie Patooties