Sunday, October 25, 2009

What was he thinking?!!!

Imagine:

You are cuddled up with your eight month old trying to finish your Sunday nap, when all of a sudden you hear pounding on your front door.  You send your husband to the front door to investigate; upon opening the door, he is greeted by a police officer and firefighters (cop car and firetruck parked in front of our house). 

Sound like something out of a movie, 
a Dennis the Menace movie perhaps?

No, today it was not a movie, it was our reality. 

It seems, that this little boy of mine


decided it would be a good idea to call 911 and tell them that our house was on fire and his parents were sleeping. 

Upon hearing this, a firetruck and police car were dispatched to our home, both arriving at breakneck speed.  They rushed to the door, pounding loudly enough to wake the dead.  I still wonder if we would have a front door, if it weren't for Rich getting to the door in a very timely manner.

Once the culprit was located, and all was deemed to be well, the cop let Braden have it, and we let her; little did Braden know, that was only the beginning of many lectures that were to come. 

I, with full confidence in his abilities, turned over the discipline reigns to Rich, still trying to understand what possibly could have been going through Braden's head; I still don't understand what could have made that seem like a good idea, but I know he doesn't think it is funny now!

Braden is grounded for a week: no friends over, no television, no movies, and no fun, just jobs, jobs, and more jobs.  Braden also had to write a letter of apology, and make cookies, delivering both in person. 

I think he will have definitely learned his lesson after this week, and I'm sure one day I will look back and laugh about this.  For now though, I can only wonder,
What was he thinking?!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Anita said...

Oooh... somebody is in trouble...!!

But you know, this will be one that you laugh about for years to come. The picture you posted of him says it all - he's a cute little imp!

Postak Family said...

If it weren't totally hilarious, that would be terrible! I can laugh until it's my kid, right?!

The Cutie Patooties