fell in love with this beautiful comforter; she just knew she had to have it!
(picture courtesy of JCPenney)
Considering that she was getting ready to get paid to take this boy's senior pictures,
she thought, 'I'm going to get it! It would look awesome in our bedroom! I'm sure Rich will love it too, or learn to love it!' Just to make sure, she scoured the internet, seeing if there was a better deal, perhaps another comforter that caught her eye, but she returned again and again to this gorgeous, have to have it comforter.
The comforter that was on sale I might add, the comforter that came with pillow shams and a bedskirt, a comforter that is reversible (of course I don't particularly care for the other side, too boyish), the comforter that even Rich says he liked (which probably translates to, can live with it or, it could be worse).
Still, she debated back and forth, get it now or wait, and then she thought, 'The last time I got paid to take pictures, I spent the money on the kids and Christmas; I'm going to buy something for myself this time.'
To lessen the guilt factor (mothers almost always feel guilty spending on themselves), she decided to first go to ebates.
What is ebates?, the narrator pauses to ask. Well, ebates is a fantastic site; you sign in, select the store you are planning to purchase from, follow the link, make your purchase, and you receive a % of your purchase back, which is then mailed to you in the form of a check. Did I mention that ebates also has a list of codes for each store to help you save more? Did I mention that ebates is free, easy to join, and a great way to get some mad money, or more if you do a lot of shopping? If you want to join and see what all the fuss is about, check it out here. For now, I must get back to the telling of my story.
Well, to make a long story short, our sweet comforter obsessesd girl bought the comforter from JC Penney, through ebates, has a check for $8.90 headed her way, has a beautiful comforter in her bedroom, and numerous paint samples from Lowes on her wall.
Next time we will be telling the beautiful, yet fraught with olive hues, or perhaps pumpkin spice toned danger (decisions, decisions), tale of The Girl, Some Exquisite, Carefully Selected Paint, and Her Hubba Hubba Handyman Husband (try saying that ten times real fast). Until then, our girl will be staring lovingly at her new comforter.















0 comments:
Post a Comment