Sunday, October 18, 2009

Riverbank Zoo

Last Saturday, we went to the zoo on a field trip; it was Brooke's second field trip for preschool, but this time the entire family got to enjoy the fun, including my mama.  It was wonderful spending time together as a family, and I think because of recent events, I enjoyed it even more than I usually would have.  I caught myself staring more intently at their faces, soaking in all the moments, and taking as many pictures as I could (okay, that part is not new).  I've realized that tragedy also makes you want to hold on tighter to what you have, makes you more patient and more loving towards your children, and it helps you to overlook the things that really don't matter.  Having said that, here are some of the pictures from our family fun filled day.   



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome, Sweetie. You're so gifted as a photographer, and I'm glad you're finally "taking the show on the road" a little. I'll go through these again more slowly and select the ones for you to send to my Wal-Mart account.

By the way, next time I'll make sure that you get in more pix with the family.

The Cutie Patooties