I continue to see sooooooooo many projects I want to do, things I want to try, things I want to sew! Alas, if I ran out and bought the supplies for everything I want to do, it would definitely break the budget! To protect the innocent, I have tried to avoid Michael's, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby (good thing we don't have one close), and JoAnn's Crafts like the plague; I'm not sure how long I can do this though, because I must make the cute Halloween pillow idea I found, and I must make the adorable and simple Mod Podged Boo sign idea I found. I really should stop looking at all of those adorable craft blogs I keep finding; they are addictive! But enough about my addiction, in order to stay in the budget and still decorate, we decided to make window cling bats. I thought if you can make snowflakes, why not bats using the same concept. It is easy, cheap (only had to purchase one thing), and the cuties would have fun helping.
(template is from familyfun.com)
Second, you start tracing the pattern using your slick dimensional fabric paint.
Third, once you have made all the bats you need, let them dry for several hours; if you do this at night, they will usually be dry by the morning. We made our bats this morning, so we hope to use them by late afternoon.
Fourth, once dry (still waiting), slowly pull the bats off the wax paper and decorate like crazy. You can put them on your french doors, your bathroom mirrors, your children's mirrors; have fun! The best things about this craft idea are one, your cuties can be part of the fun,












0 comments:
Post a Comment