Growing up, Halloween was fun, but I wouldn't say it was my favorite holiday (not even second on the list or third or fourth). Now that I am older, it is still not my all time favorite; it is hard to beat Christmas, the Christmas Spirit, and the true meaning of Christmas,
but Halloween has considerably moved up on my list. I think it has a lot to do with marrying this man.
Rich loves Halloween!!!!!
In fact, we, as of last year, now have a new tradition, a mini family party at the beginning of October to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Halloween. We eat festive food, watch a Halloween movie, and talk about all we want to do during the month to celebrate, discussing Halloween costumes too of course! This year I splurged a little, and bought these,
so we could do this.
and start planning our ghoulish menus for this month; I think this book will come in handy, not to mention http://www.familyfun.com/.
Nose Blow Burritos
Veggie Vomit
Homemade Maggot Stew
Boogers on a Stick
Let the festivities begin!!!!!!!!!!!












5 comments:
We bought those same eyeballs!! Planning on using them tonight - it's my neighbors birthday (she's 66) and I bought some Welchs sparkling white grape juice to put the eyeballs in. I'm SURE she'll be impressed! Haha.
My favorite holiday too! Knew I loved that brother-in-law of mine for some reason! Ha!
Erin, You'll have to tell me how it goes; the kids loved the eyeballs, I'm sure she will too! That is sweet of you to do something to help celebrate her birthday! :)
Elizabeth,
I know you LOVE Halloween, and you have all the festive dishes to prove it! :) Wish you could have a Halloween party here!
I'm with you on Halloween being at the bottom of my favorite holiday list. I would just feel like a bad parent if I didn't let my children go trick or treating. I'm glad you can get into the spirit.
And I think you need a bigger kitchen table! You have 6 people in your family now!
Post a Comment