Saturday, October 3, 2009

Are they serious?!!!


Sometimes my children leave me wondering,
'Are they serious?!!!!!',
like when they ask for a puppy; lately they have been obsessed with getting a puppy, especially Braden! 


You know, because it isn't enough that I take care of four hoodlums,


a studly husband,



and the running of the household, or as I like to call it, the Maseda Family Corporation; being a CEO is a hard and thankless job! 


Would I really want to add a new puppy on top of my already mountain of responsibilities? 
No! 

Braden even tried to bring the big man in on his plot to get a puppy, and when I mean the big man, I am referring to none other than the big man in red,


Santa Claus!


I guess from watching various Christmas movies, Braden has gathered that all you have to do is be good, and Santa will bring whatever you put on your wish list.  I quickly explained that I didn't think he was old enough to take care of a puppy yet, to which he responded, "But Mama, it's too late; I already wrote a letter to Santa asking him to bring me a puppy."  I then informed my sweet, naive child, that I also talk to Santa; I explained that I would just tell Santa it was not a good time right now, maybe in a few years (a BIG MAYBE). 


It is soooooo not the right time; it may never be, because:

1) I have already had a puppy/dog, my precious Sandy.  She was my baby before I had babies, and I don't want another dog (and right now it would end up being my dog and my responsibility). 




2) I would be the one walking the dog.

3) I would be the one training the dog.

4) I would be the one taking the dog to the vet.

5) We would have to find somewhere to leave the dog every time we went out of town.

5) Most days, I'm already at the brink of insanity, and I am sure adding a puppy to the mix will push me over.

So, the answer, without a doubt, to their insane request is

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh Sandy. The pictures bring back memories. The one of Braden leaning on Sandy made me laugh! He is so little and Sandy so huge!

Carrie Maseda said...

I know, Sandy was a big dog; I sure miss her! It's hard to believe that Braden was ever that little!

Melinda said...

I'm with you on this one. No pets! Thank goodness my kids have no desire for one yet.

The Cutie Patooties