Tonight we started a new tradition. I decided that on October 1st of every year henceforth will be a night of a Halloween themed feast. We began the afternoon with Boo Cups, which I ceremoniously presented the children after making them close their eyes, reminding them numerous times not to peek until I said it was okay.
Their reactions:
The real feast began tonight though, when we dined on our lunch trays (remember, reserved for special occasions). We dined on such delectable treats as hot dog mummies, roasted ghosts, and witches fingers (know as green beans to the uninformed layman), and we washed all of our scrumptious and delicious delicacies down with Bug Juice (most of the recipes courtesy of Family Fun).
Hot Dog Mummies:
Witches' Fingers:
Bug Juice:
(It was supposed to have "bugs" a.k.a raisins floating in it, but I vetoed them; just pretend the ice cubes are maggots.)












5 comments:
What a creative way to get them to eat! Your a good mom!! I wander if my kids would like this idea!?!
Great ideas! Now Audra just needs to get a little older...
Pamelia,
I bet your kids would still love it even though they are older, at least Landon would. I'll e-mail you all of my Halloween recipes.
Carrie :)
Yeah Christina, it does get fun as they get older; the holidays start to mean so much more to them. If you want my Halloween recipes for the future, let me know; I can e-mail them to you.
Carrie :)
The expressions on their faces (especially at the beginning) are priceless. I'd like the recipe for the hot dog mummies when you get a chance.
Post a Comment