
After Braden's change of heart, Rich and I scrambled around to try to put a pirate outfit together. Luckily, Braden had a pair of black sweatpants someone had given us (which he refused to wear), so I cut the bottoms off of them and then cut fringes. We put one of his t-shirts on him with a white church shirt over it with the arms rolled up; he already had a pirate vest, eye patch, and bandanna in the dress up container, so Rich went to the Dollar Store and got a hook, a telescope, and a play gun for $2 (gotta love the dollar store). Next, Rich went to Wal-mart and bought a pirate hat; it was $6 (we figured it was worth the money; we can add it to their dress up clothes), and he picked up a scarf to tie around his waist. Rich then came home with the goods, and he began the pirate creation, completing the look with a drawn on mustache and beard. Once the children were dressed, I scurried around getting my costume ready for the night, and then of course we took pictures.
The most adorable pirate and ladybug I have ever seen:
Where I dare say is our little Indian? Don't worry, pictures of her are soon to follow. She let us know very clearly that there would be no photo ops until the actual party began. In the meantime, may I present to you...
Once we were all dressed, the food was prepared, the camera was ready, and the diaper bag was well stocked; we all loaded into the van, and headed to the church for fun.
Here are some pictures of our fun evening (including pictures of our little Indian-who is showing quite the attitude in some of her pictures):














2 comments:
I LOVE The Pumpkin Thief idea! It is absolutely brilliant! You all look great!
These are all so good, but I must admit that the pumpkin thief idea is the most original.
Post a Comment