Thursday, June 19, 2008

You Don't Know What You Are Doing

That is what I heard from my son yesterday; as many of you know, I usually cut Braden's hair, and I personally think I have done fairly well (with the exception of the last time I did it, but it is hard to hit, let alone cut, a moving target; I think even a professional would have had a hard time cutting his hair under the stressful, warlike conditions surrounding his last haircut). Well, last time Braden needed his hair cut, I convinced him to go with me to get his hair cut by the same woman who does mine, Cindy; she did a great job, and Braden loved her! Hey, why doesn't he sit that still for me?! Of course, now Braden is hooked; he thinks only Cindy can do his hair now. Yesterday he told me that, to quote him, "Mama, Cindy is going to cut my hair, because you don't know what you are doing (just what you want to hear from your children)." I of course defended myself, and told him that I am indeed not a professional, but I thought I had done a pretty good job; Braden had his mind set, only Cindy was touching his hair. To be honest, I wasn't terribly hurt; it is easier to have Cindy cut it, Braden even told me that he wanted to look at pictures to decide how he wanted it cut. I know some of you are thinking, 'a five year old boy cares that much about his hair?' I will just let you know that he gets it honestly; he comes from a long line of men who prided and pride themselves on their appearance.




First there is his Granddaddy Crolley, my daddy. Let's just say, as I was growing up, my mama would tell me that I looked nice, and my dad would respond, "Thanks, I know." It would be accurate to say that he isn't lacking anything in the confidence area. He always dresses well, smells good, and looks handsome. Even at 60, he still has the ladies hitting on him!



Next is Braden's great granddaddy, my granddaddy (Daddy's father). My grandmama said on a number of occasions, that she caught him in the middle of the night brushing his hair. Even as a child, I remember thinking that it took him FOREVER to get ready, but my granddaddy wasn't coming out of the bathroom until every hair was in place.



Braden's other great granddaddy, my other granddaddy (Mama's father) believed in also looking good; in fact he recommended to everyone that they place a mirror by their door, so you can check your appearance really quick as you leave. It also comes in handy to check your appearance before answering the door.




The next man of influence would be Uncle Paul (my brother), who believes in looking sharp, smelling good, and keeping the hair looking good. Paul has been referred to as "eye candy", so I guess he must be doing something right.




Last, but certainly not least, is Uncle Tom (Rich's brother). It has been said that Tom never met a mirror he didn't like; I have also heard rumor, that if you want to have a serious conversation with Tom, don't do it with a mirror around. A mirror is like a magnet to Tom, and he can't help but look in it.




So as you can see, Braden gets it very honestly. Braden has a definite idea already of what he likes to wear, how he wants his hair, and he loves to smell good for the ladies. He may pretend that he doesn't like it, but he really loves when someone calls him handsome. I tell him all the time that he is our little stud in training.



Here is our little stud (studliness runs in the fam) in training after his haircut yesterday.


This is what the haircut looks like after some serious playtime outside; he's still adorable!

4 comments:

Pamelia said...

Cute haircut Braden!!

Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, he is pretty proud of it! I told him what you wrote, and he just beamed. He is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Braden are fabulous, and I'm a little partial to the ones of John Marlon and Paul B. too. I'm not so sure that your dad would like his photo,though...especially when there are so many other better ones around.

Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, I do have better ones of Daddy, but I was trying to do the black and white theme in the beginning; maybe later I will post an update pic of him.

The Cutie Patooties