Sunday, June 22, 2008

Maseda Family Fun Weekend

This weekend was devoted to family time and fun; Rich has been super busy lately with work and with his bishop duties, so we felt that a family weekend was in order. Friday night we went to go see, drum roll please...

We LOVED it! It was most definitely one of those movies you leave thinking, 'When that movie comes out on DVD, I am soooooooooo buying it!' I would recommend it to everyone; its not just a kid movie. I would also recommend going by the store and buying candy to stuff your bag with; I can't believe how much candy and popcorn costs, can you say outrageous?! We made a little pit stop on the way, where Rich picked up some contraband for us; it's hard to feel guilty about sneaking food in, when they want you to take out a second mortgage on your home to buy snacks and drinks for your family. Overall, I would give the movie 5 stars; if you haven't seen it, put it on your to do list.


Saturday we gathered a few items.

Water Balloons


Bubbles

Sidewalk Chalk


Add to this a ...

Backyard,


Sprinklers, Hamburgers, Chips, Green Beans (the kids would have been happy if we would have forgotten that item), Soda, and a Water Hose, and we were all set for Maseda Family Olympics.



We filled the water balloons, seasoned the hamburger meat, and began. First the cuties played hopscotch, and then we commenced with the...



Water Balloon Toss.

Initially we were going to have a Water Balloon Fight, but Braden informed Rich and I that it wouldn't be nice. Don't worry, Rich found a way around that; he would "accidentally" throw the balloon just a little short, and it would just "happen" to get one of the cuties wet. Braden and Brooke didn't seem to mind. Here are some pictures I took; these are the only ones I took, because it became a wet danger zone for my camera.




After our water balloon games (Rich came up with some other creative ways to play with the water balloons), we had the sprinkler obstacle course, which the cuties did not like at all! They were scared that Rich was going to spray them with the water hose (they were right to be scared) while they were trying to gather the balls off of the obstacle course. Finally, Rich grilled the hamburgers, we ate lunch, and then headed to the neighborhood pool (yes, we forgot all about the bubbles, Braden pointed that out to us several times). The Olympics were nice, simple, and fun, but wait, the weekend wasn't over yet; we still had a Spaghetti Dinner and Auction to go to at church, so we quickly came home, showered, I made some goodies for the Auction, and we headed to the church. It was nice getting to see everyone, we came home with 3 baked good wins, and three bags of spaghetti sauce, a bag of rolls, and a bag of salad that they had left over; SCORE! Let's just say, I didn't have to worry about what we were having for lunch today or supper tonight. All in all, it was a great weekend; we spent time together, had fun, and were reminded how grateful we are to be an eternal family, and now we all need a LONG NAP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't have these pictures and updates on your family life, living so far away would definitely be a lot harder than it is. Now I can understand a little more about what Granny felt all those years ago.

Carrie Maseda said...

I'm glad, because the whole reason I started the blog initially was so Rich's family and all of ya'll could keep up with what the cuties were doing; children change so much every single day, and I didn't anyone to have to miss it. The positives for me are that one it is therapy, and two it is a fun way to journal. :)

The Cutie Patooties