Well, it finally happened; I beat Rich's cute little butt at Scrabble! Usually what happens is that I start out with a good lead, Rich narrows my lead, and then passes me to take the lead and eventually win, but not this time. This time, I came, I saw, I pulled out all of my exquisite word skills, and beat his cute little butt! Of course, I must admit that Scrabble is half skill and half luck; if you don't get lucky enough to pull out a good combo of vowels and consonants your little Scrabble boat is sunk, but this time the luck (and skill ;) ) were with me! Obviously, I informed Rich that he and I didn't need to play Scrabble again, because I like being the reigning Scrabble champ of the Maseda house; that should at least give me a couple months to enjoy my new title, because Rich is way too competitive to not want a rematch (a couple months should give me plenty of time to hone my word skills and study my friend 'Webster').
Now that I have basked in my Scrabble glory, I guess I should move on to what we did the rest of New Year's Eve. Last year we went to a friend's house, but this year we opted for a quiet night in as a family. We watched movies, ate pizza, popped popcorn, played games, and watched the ball drop. Besides Scrabble, we also played Twister Moves, which is harder than it looks. After a while, the cuties and I gave up and just did our own thing; we decided that we could do better on our own anyway! Rich however stuck out to the end, and did a much better job than the rest of us keeping up with the dance instructions; Brooke in fact announced, "I am tired of playing this game!"
All in all, it was a fun night and a perfect way to ring in the new year!












1 comments:
I can't find my Scrabble game anywhere! We ended up playing Battle of the Sexes, and it was quite amusing at the things I didn't know about men and vice versa. Sometimes I'd start laughing while reading a question because I knew that he'd have no clue whatsoever...and he didn't.
Post a Comment