Sunday, January 27, 2008

Emma~My sweet 10 month old





Emma is my sweet, adorable, beautiful 10 month old. She has an infectious smile, big baby blues, and a charming personality to match. Everyday she becomes more and more capable, and everyday Rich and I get more glimpses at her personality. Unless she is sick, Emma is such an easygoing fun loving baby, and she loves to socialize with the family. Her face just lights up when Brooke or Braden play with her or talk to her, and she is still my number one fan (love that most of the time). Emma also absolutely adores her father. When Rich gets home, Braden and Brooke run for the door like they are in the Indy 500, and Emma is not too far behind. It is so funny to watch her army crawl across the living room and the kitchen to get to Rich as fast as her little body will take her, and once she has reached her destination, she sits up and flashes that beautiful smile of hers at Rich (as if to say, "Hey pick me up, I'm the cute one!"). Everyday I find myself laughing at Emma; it is so much fun to watch her explore the world, because everything is so new to her. Emma also is so funny, because she approaches life with such zest and courage; she knows no fear. Her favorite things to do are playing her piano, taking baths, being hung upside down, standing up (she is so proud of her accomplishment), raising her hand to get claps (I think it is adorable to see her raise her cute little chubby arm into the air), eating, giving slobbery kisses, and getting all of the attention she can. Emma is one of those babies that is so stinkin' cute that you just want to sweep her up in your arms and cover her in kisses, which I do on a daily basis. I can't imagine life without our sweet Emma; she has a special spirit, and she truly does have a certain charm that wins people over. I know she has all of us in the Maseda house hooked!



Here is a video of Emma playing her piano. She LOVES this thing; often you wonder where she is at, and then you hear the piano and you know. This particular video was taken at almost midnight Thursday night; she has had trouble sleeping with her ear infection. She does not look tired at all in this video, but I was exhausted.



If the dishwasher is open, Emma is there, trying to decide what to try to pull out first.

Emma's first time in a swing.

Emma and Braden; she loves her big brother! (I love this picture; well, except for the red eye)

Rocking out on her piano again; she really does LOVE this piano. Braden loved it too when he was little, but Brooke never really wanted anything to do with it.

If Emma isn't playing her piano, she is usually sneaking into the bathroom. She loves taking baths. Emma crawls in, pulls up on the side of the tub, and stares longingly into the tub; I joke that she is thinking about her next bath and plotting her next splash.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a joy to read all of these things about our baby and to see the pictures that go with the narrative. You're such a great writer, and the babies and Rich are so fortunate to have you keep a record of their activities and your thoughts.

The Cutie Patooties