Thursday, April 24, 2008

Emma's 1 year well visit

Well, today I finally took Emma in for her one year well visit. Yes, she is now 13 months and not 12; I had made an appointment for a couple days after she turned one, but I totally forgot the appointment. Yeah, I was not going to be winning any mother of the year awards that day (I would like to point out that it was a first for me, that should help me redeem some mommy points). Instead of taking my cutie to the doctor that day, Braden, Brooke, Emma, and I were in Savannah gallivanting with Traci and her daughter; we did a little shopping, a little eating, and a lot of socializing. I was so busy catching up with Traci (she was back from Utah for a short visit), that I totally forgot all about Emma's appointment. The worst part is that I didn't even realize I had missed anything until a day later. I told my dad about my little faux pas, and he told me that he has a calendar on his fridge where he writes those kinds of things. My problem, the appointment never actually made it to my calendar, oops; hey, everyone deserves to be cut a little slack every now and then. My slackness aside, today Emma got measured, weighed, examined, and received 3 shots (my least favorite part as well as hers). The consensus, my little "chub" (as her daddy likes to call her) is in fact not a "chub" (as I tell her daddy); she weighed 19.1 pounds, which places her at the 10th percentile for weight, and she was 28.5 inches long, which places her at the 25th percentile for height. She is healthy, strong, beautiful, and just likes she needs to be. As my mama would always tell me, "not too big, not too small, just right", and Emma is just right, just right for this family! We love her loving nature, her adventurous spirit, her ferocious appetite, her quick smile, her petite kissable toes, and her sweet laugh!




Don't let her fool you; she can't walk yet. She can cruise like nobody's business, but she is scared to let go. Rich and I have gotten her to take two steps, and then she sits down and crawls to what she wants.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE those pictures of her!! She is sooo super cute!!

Carrie Maseda said...

I know (I am biased of course), there are sooooo many times I pick her up and shower her with kisses; those cheeks of hers are just too hard to resist!

Anonymous said...

My goodness--What attitude! I love her ensemble, complete with jeans and a hair ornament of sorts. Brooke has some competition on the way.

Carrie Maseda said...

I know, can you imagine Brooke and Emma as teenagers at the same time!

The Cutie Patooties