Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bishop Maseda~Bishop Braden Maseda

Today we went to church to watch the first session of conference (with children watching it from the comfort of your home is much easier). Well, after the first session the plan was to have a picnic, so we went to Rich's office, a.k.a. the bishop's office; Rich of course got pulled away, so Braden hopped in his chair and announced,

"I'm the bishop!"

Brooke after hearing the good news, pulls a chair up and puts the new bishop to work, exclaiming, "I have a problem!"

Bishop Maseda then asks the all important question, "What is your problem?"

Brooke explains, "I like to color, and I like to have fun." "I like the colors pink, purple, and white." (hmmmm, sounds like a tough problem to me :) ; I wish my problems were that easy)
Bishop Maseda contemplates the problem for a few seconds, hands Brooke a Book of Mormon off of the shelf from behind him, and tells her, "If you have a problem, read the scriptures." (sounds like good advice to me)

3 comments:

I am LoW said...

Awww....great advice!!

Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, I think I will heed his advice next time I am faced with a problem, which with kids, is on a daily basis! Braden is wise beyond his years; you know the saying Out of the mouth of babes...

Anonymous said...

Loved reading this. Tell Braden, however, that he has a lot of growing to do before he can fill his dad's shoes. With Rich as his role model, it might just happen one day.

The Cutie Patooties