Friday, February 22, 2008

My Brave Little Guy

Well, on Monday of this week I received a phone call from Braden's school letting me know that his shot record wasn't up to date. I was under the impression that by bringing Braden in right on schedule for all of his well check-ups this wouldn't happen, but it did. I called the pediatrician's office and sure enough, somehow he missed two very vital shots, now to break the news to my sweet unsuspecting four year old. Braden's first reaction to the news, "That's okay, I will just run away and hide." Once I explained why that was not an option, no matter how impressed I was with his quick thinking, we talked about the reality of this issue. Honesty and a lot of preparation is what works best for Braden, so he and I talked about how it was probably going to hurt. At this point he informed me that he was going to cry. I told him that it was okay if he cried, but that if he did a good job (which means no tantrums or thrashing bodies), he would get a chocolate milkshake afterwards for bravery (yes, I believe in and support the art of bribery). As you can see from the pictures, it worked; I am proud to say that I have a very brave four year old!

One of Braden's band-aids



Braden and his chocolate milkshake



0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties