Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chaos Central

Chaos Central, I think that would be an accurate name or title for our night. At one point tonight I was attempting to cut Braden's hair, amidst his cries I might add (that boy hates to have his hair cut), while Emma was holding to my leg screaming bloody murder; wait, did I mention that Brooke also was not helping matters by trying to brush Emma's hair. I attempted giving a few pieces of chocolate chips to Emma to keep her happy and busy, I was desperate PEOPLE! Alas, Emma gobbled them down in two seconds flat and came back, only to again pull up on my leg and recommence screaming. I put her at the bench in the living room, still screaming, and proceeded to set up a barricade of chairs and a pink castle tent of Brooke's. I should have known, my barricade was nothing for Emma; nothing stops her from getting to where she wants to go. She came, she saw, she conquered the barricade, and returned to scream again. I began to wonder if running from the house screaming like a banshee was a realistic option, but as I thought about it, I knew it was not a viable choice; I however still think it would have felt good to get it out. Instead, I finally unplugged the clippers, grabbed Emma, and relocated our barber shop to the bathroom. I ran some bath water for the girls, and put Braden on the bathroom counter and continued to cut. Was it my best work? Oh no, in fact, I am just glad that I have a little time before my brother's wedding; it NEEDS some growing out time. I think Braden should just be glad that he still has hair, between his crying, constant head moving, and Emma's leg tugging and screaming, I don't even know how I got his hair to look remotely decent. Brooke's hair (yes, I cut her hair earlier) looks pretty good, even if it is shorter than I would like. She decided that she wanted it really short, so we compromised. Well, after baths, pajamas, and tooth brushing all three children were put to bed; of course I then realized that I had forgotten, in my rush to get their little hineys in the bed, to read scriptures and say prayers. Oh well, I will make up for it tomorrow; hey I am flying solo this week. How do single mothers do this?! I almost forgot, did I mention that Emma then made a present for me; she always seems to do those after I have her nice and calm and ASLEEP! Luckily, I hummed, sang, and repeated, "It's okay, It's okay, shhhhh, shhhhh" while I changed her odorous treat, and she stayed asleep! Yes, relaxation here I come, which for me is blogging. Therapy for free; you can't beat blogging!



I know, I know, not my best work. Just pray that it grows out fast! I would try to fix it, but I fear making it worse! I love the face Braden is making; it matches how I felt after tonight! Heavenly Father has definitely been giving me strength and patience this week, because I kept my cool tonight. I still want Rich to COME HOME though! Yaaaaa, no more nights to go; Friday here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Pamelia said...

I love that face he's making!!!!

Carrie Maseda said...

Yeah, I do too, that is his, "I'm tough stuff!" face. It gets harder and harder to get him to smile for me in pictures anymore. He either does this face, just stares at me, or makes a silly face complete with tongue hanging out. I have to do something silly to make him laugh and snap the picture before he stops smiling.

The Cutie Patooties